Non Fiction

5 Followers, 13 Pins

Finally, a timely and humorous book that delivers on real advice for the unemployed, underemployed, and career challenged.

Author: 
Samuel Murphy
583 views 0 likes 0 comments

Think more critically, learn to question everything, and don't let your own brain trip you up.  This fresh and exciting approach to science, skepticism, and critical thinking will enlighten and ins

Author: 
Guy P. Harrison
1001 views 0 likes 0 comments

You can count on Rick Steves to tell you what you really need to know when traveling in Scotland.In this 188-page compact guide, Rick Steves covers the best of Scotland, including Edinburgh, Glasgo

Author: 
Rick Steves
595 views 1 likes 1 comment
Candy Read's picture
Candy Read Reading this one now!

A renowned cardiologist explains how eliminating wheat from our diets can prevent fat storage,shrink unsightly bulges, and reverse myriad health problems. Every day, over 200 million Americans cons

Author: 
William Davis
559 views 0 likes 1 comment
Candy Read's picture
Candy Read I am readying this book now. I am mesmerized! Very readable and an eye opener.

Fifty years after John F.

Author: 
Robert Dallek
1417 views 0 likes 0 comments

NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLERThe story of Maya Angelou’s extraordinary life has been chronicled in her multiple bestselling autobiographies.

Author: 
Maya Angelou
1290 views 0 likes 1 comment
Candy Read's picture
Candy Read I'm a fan of Maya Angelou's. I'll have to get this one to read.

A black swan is an event, positive or negative, that is deemed improbable yet causes massive consequences.

Author: 
Nassim Nicholas Taleb
630 views 0 likes 0 comments

Author Barbara Kingsolver and her family abandoned the industrial-food pipeline to live a rural life—vowing that, for one year, they’d only buy food raised in their own neighborhood, grow it themse

Author: 
Barbara Kingsolver,Camille Kingsolver,Steven L. Hopp
481 views 0 likes 0 comments

At the heart of this classic, seminal book is Julian Jaynes's still-controversial thesis that human consciousness did not begin far back in animal evolution but instead is a learned process that ca

Author: 
Julian Jaynes
493 views 0 likes 0 comments

Mary Wesley, through images and text, looks back over her life in England's wild and mysterious south-west peninsula.

Author: 
Mary Wesley
396 views 0 likes 0 comments

The authorized, and astonishing, biography of Mary Wesley.Descended from the Duke of Wellington, Mary Wesley grew up a rebel, believing that she was her mother’s least favourite child.

Author: 
Patrick Marnham
484 views 0 likes 0 comments

From America’s preeminent columnist, named by the Financial Times the most influential commentator in the nation, the long-awaited collection of Charles Krauthammer’s essential, timeless writings.

Author: 
Charles Krauthammer
1293 views 0 likes 0 comments

From America’s preeminent columnist, named by the Financial Times the most influential commentator in the nation, the long-awaited collection of Charles Krauthammer’s essential, timeless writings.

Author: 
Charles Krauthammer
1300 views 0 likes 0 comments
Scroll to top